So I am going to start where I feel the story makes the most sense. Sorry if the chronology of things gets a bit fuzzy in the telling.
To give a run down of what happened though, as I don't think there will be many shocks to you if I've talked to you within the last 6 months:
- I met my partner, Goose. We've been dating for a bit over a year now. I am moving in with him in two days. I have now met both sides of his family. This is still all very new to me.
- I traveled to many new and old places like The Netherlands (Amsterdam), Wales (Mumbles), Belgium (Brugge, Brussels), Washington State (Seattle, Redmond), Finland (Helsinki, Oulu), other places in the UK (Dover, London Fashion Weekend, Durham, York, Warwick, Clitheroe), Italy (Venice, Rome), Ireland (Dublin and many others), Portugal (Douro Valley, Porto), and Spain (Gran Canaria).
- I turned 30 and celebrated it with my parents and friends in a beloved pub in Marylebone.
- I moved office buildings from Paddington to Oxford Street.
- I and almost 30,000 others lost their jobs.
- I lost many friends through the layoffs and life.
- I spent a very hard summer fighting out negotiations on how I could stay in the country for my partner and to finish the masters degree I was halfway through.
- I became a full-time masters student on a student visa.
- I spent more than 8 months dealing with the worst depression of my life thusfar.
- I am finally ready to talk about all of this.
Just as a forewarning: I won't be publishing everyday like the olden days, so posts might be a bit sporadic. I will try to write regularly, but timelines might be a bit scrunched, especially what is going on now (which I hope to eventually tell about). So apologies in advance for the irregularity.