Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Can you believe it?

This is even hard for me to believe but...do you remember readers, when I mentioned all the design initiatives that I was joining a few months ago? Well one of them is here at work and they gather designers of different disciplines to do various things outside of work. I love it - it changes the culture of the workplace, allows you to network with various coworkers you would have otherwise not have worked with, and pushes you to think outside of the box (or at least the box that you are normally thinking in). Great stuff, really fun.

Anyway, I did my first project with them several months ago, when I first moved here. From that we did our project and there was a continual steady communication about the results we had created and what potential next steps might be.

...apparently one of those next steps pushed us to submit a patent.

...and that patent has been accepted by the board.

That's right readers - you're reading from a new patent holder! It's weird to believe, but it's soon to be official.

To be honest I never thought this day would come. I've considered many things I've done as accomplishments but never imagined this particular aspect in my life. Me? An inventor? 

It's pretty cool.

Anyway, enough tooting of my own horn. Time to go back to the grind. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment