Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My left eye

has had a weird lower lid twitch for the past several weeks.

And it's irritating as hell.

I don't know why it's happening, so one day, during a small lull, I looked it up on the interwebz, as any smart, curious, or slightly crazy hypochondriac person would do. 

The results?

Most had responses like it could be stress, lack of sleep, or maybe even related to diet (though most people had rebuttals that their diets were excellent, as is mine - lots of raw fruits and veggies, etc).

And then there was this response:

"My wife told me that if it's a lower left twitch, it's an omen of bad news. If it's a lower right twitch, it means good news. Wait and see."

I was like, "WTF?!"

So far nothing bad has happened, but it did make me wonder. And laugh, a lot. Not expecting that on a medical website. Hilarious in my life. 

Anyway, the twitch continues. I'm just going to pretend that it'll stop any day now and hopefully it just will. 

Twitch, be gone!

------------------

(Amendment - several days after this post was originally written)

The twitch has finally disappeared! Apparently a very high diet in fats and good gastronomic experiences plus good friends around is the trick. It is also likely that my finishing Tolstoy (finally) and getting to something a little more lighthearted is also a contributing factor.

Time to bring on the less awkward conversations!

No comments:

Post a Comment