Friday, April 19, 2013

On a rainy Sunday afternoon...

So what did we do the day after that 7 hour Ikea marathon?

Absolutely nothing. And it was fabulous. It also happened to be extraordinarily raining that day, so we sat inside the temporary apartment, stared outside, and did nothing but eat, read, and occasionally take naps. Literally, didn't even poke my head outside. It was the best thing I could have done ever.

I slept 12 hours that night. That's the kind of exhaustion 4 hours of sleep plus that kind of Ikea experience does to you.

I did pile through almost 300 pages of Tolstoy, which was rather satisfying, and imagine the glory that would be my new apartment, but more about that later.

This is why you need to make your apartment as fabulous as possible in London (though it seems most people don't bother, unlike in Helsinki): the weather here, although warmer than Finland, really isn't better. You're gonna be indoors like this sometimes, and when you're exhausted, it's the best place ever. So why not make it as wonderful as possible?

Just sealed the deal on why I spent so much money the day before. Done and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment