Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Leaving Thailand

It's been a long time since a country has made such an impression on me. Maybe it was just the right place at the right time, or maybe Thailand really is magical. Either way, it made me rethink priorities in my life and allowed me to get away from my everyday stresses, and for that, I will be forever in its debt.

Hopefully I've been able to give you a pretty good idea of what my experiences were like during my time there and that you'll find some inspiration to go there yourself. I could not give it a higher recommendation to anyone. There's something there for everyone and no matter what you go there to find, I'm pretty sure you come out with something even better. No one I've spoken to who has been to Thailand has come out with a negative impression of it. It really is the Land of Smiles.

So with a heavy heart I left Bangkok in the late morning. Despite dreading my time in the horrid BKK airport I actually found myself completely unstressed this time around. Though it still took me 40+ minutes to walk to my gate, instead of it being a marathon with no finish line, this time it was endless duty free shops and blessed air conditioning. I spent all but 5baht of my remaining cash.

Once again I was upgraded to business class for free but I felt strangely indifferent this time. Despite how tired I was I just couldn't sleep. There was just too much wonderment floating in my mind from all of the adventures I'd just had.

And so with that I floated 10 hours back to snowy Finland and to my impending move to London. Back to the stresses of city life and away from my tropical paradise.

Funny how things can change your perspective, and in ways you never imagined.

Thanks Thailand, for everything you've shown me. I know we'll see each other again.


No comments:

Post a Comment