Wednesday, March 27, 2013

And the winner is...

Stirling Court!

My new place of living will be Stirling Court after all - offer has been accepted, looks like Don and I will be making a new future for ourselves in West Ealing.

This hilarious part of London is located in the north west, part of a quiet part of town which reminded me a lot of where I was living before, Toolo. Within 5 minutes walk is a huge Waitrose (decently middle class grocery store, similar to a Safeways/Vons back in California) and just a 2 minute walk to the West Ealing station, which is where I will catch an overground train to work. My commute will be a solid 15-20 minutes.

This is considered a dream in London. Most of my coworkers have over an hour commute one way. I decided to hell with that and I would definitely pay to live somewhere closer to work than that. Especially since we work at Paddington (literally a 5 minute walk from Paddington station...you can't make a commute easier than that).

So there you have it. It's Quirky at Stirling Court.

Gorgeous bathroom, wooden floors, spacious kitchen. Strange electrical heating, yes, and maybe some road noise...but considering I slept through someone having a house party last night outside my temporary apartment...I don't think the noise will keep me awake.

Especially considering the atmospheric designs I have in store for this apartment.

Last apartment was designed for functional use of space and a general sense of privacy; this one will be founded off the idea of beauty from all angles, functionality, peaceful mood after the stress of the city and...well, comfort.

I learned some valuable lessons living in my wonderfully cozy apartment with Finn. Things I obviously didn't know enough about and therefore didn't plan for the first time. Things like: you will indeed miss stupid small things like chairs with backs. Having stools is a great idea from a conceptual point of view (especially when it comes to space-saving and cool-factor), but they are hell if you're trying to work while sitting on one for 10 hours straight. Lesson learned. Just bite the bullet and pay for real chairs.

So, this one will be redesigned using different mottos and ideas. Not everything will be scrapped (for money-saving reasons and just because I still like quite a bit of my stuff), but some of it will definitely be replaced and because this place is a good third the size larger...new stuff will be bought.

The hunt on the Ikea website has already started and scouting for other furniture stores is in the works.

Don, here I come. Watch out for work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment