Monday, February 4, 2013

Things I learned on my holiday

Though I won't blog about my holidays in the States, I will share some nuggets of gold that I learned along the way (sort of a lessons-learned segment of my time back in my home country during winter holidays, if you will):

  1. Getting older really does make you appreciate things like "everything in moderation, including moderation."
  2. Never go skydiving when you have a stomach problem (the results are not spectacular and you may be haunted...for days afterwards). (I was luckily not the one who suffered the wrathful consequences of this, but I did see it firsthand).
  3. Wine before noon when you're on vacation really is priceless.
  4. Time with good friends really is the best, no matter where you are.
  5. The best way to eat everything you want is to eat small amounts. (i.e. PACE yourself).
  6. People don't change.
  7. America makes me and other people, fat. 
  8. It also makes me remember that I love the taste of food (ah food, how I've missed you so)
Variety of lessons learned, but learned and discovered, nonetheless.

And there you have it, holidays...realized!

And onwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment