Friday, February 22, 2013

Recovering on Party Island

So what did we do the next day you wonder? We got home late in the night (or in the morning, as you could imagine, being an hour away from the party and the party lasting until the wee hours of the morning) and waking up midday, hauled our butts down to the beach and...

..did nothing but sun our selves, get Thai massage, and eat.

No really, that's what we did.

I thanked our planning foresight in booking a hotel that was away from the sh*t storm that we would have otherwise have woken up in if we had stayed where the partying was the night before. Yes we wouldn't have had to deal with getting transported home, but we would have had to deal with the muck and mire. Thanks, but no thanks. I have a job for a reason - so I can pay my way out of situations like that (yes, sir, thank you very much).

The beach was exactly what beaches are like in your best dreams - the water was the temperature of warm bath water, crystal clean and with soft sand. Little fish were around and didn't bite you (unlike in the waters of Greece where they actually peck at your skin because there is no sustenance for them to eat). You could wade out as far as you wanted and you feel perfectly at ease. I have never felt so comfortable in any ocean. Ever. Well, until I went to Railay but I'll save that story for when we get there.

It was a perfect day of sunning. And yes, I was a little overzealous with the sunscreen, but whatever. At least I won't look like a saddlebag when I'm 50! :D

Here are some shots from the day we spent lounging around and did literally nothing (which was perfect):





No comments:

Post a Comment