Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Mottos for life

So my best friend sent me an email the other day, asking me, on behalf of a developmental psychology class she is taking, what two of my life-balancing sayings/mantras are. She was asking this of all of her adult friends, and, apparently being counted as one of those, I was important enough to be questioned.

It didn't take me long to write mine down. Generally mine are always in mind and pretty straight forward:

  • It is what it is.
  • You only live once, no regrets about not doing.
But it did make me think: what are other people's? What are yours, dear readers? Would you care to share them?

Her psychology class did bring up some interesting thoughts for me, for the rest of the day (which I then promptly forgot, due to my horrid old age and general busy-ness).

The other one that resonates with me a lot of the time: it does what it needs to do. But that has to do with my buying habits, rather than my life stance. I still almost put it down.

If you have something to share, please do. :)

tSH

6 comments:

  1. Cultivate. Doesn't matter what.

    The quality of the ingredients matters.

    Memorize potent things. (My favorites right now, the way I felt when entering a sacred space and the term 'whimsical fuckery').

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love them. Especially the one about whimsical fuckery. I'll have to start using that one, if you don't mind. ;)

      Delete
  2. Crap or cone?

    Everyone is crazy; it's just a question of flavor and intensity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hot damn! I finally was able to submit a comment. Only worked on Firefox as Anon. Not on Chrome or Safari, no matter what logged-in state.

      -Marc

      Delete
    2. Yes! So glad that you were able to figure this out! I'll spread the word to any others who have been having difficulties. Something of this nature crossed my mind but I promptly forgot to tell you to try a different browser (something something old age). ~_~ Yay problem solved!

      Delete
  3. I've always liked:
    "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others."

    This is easier said than done throughout life, but when done is truly worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete