Monday, August 13, 2012

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Yes, I finally saw the film I have been waiting months for. And it was glorious. And in 3D.

I once again braved the 3D cinema and risked looking like a granny with the biggest sunshades ever. This time I was smart enough to hold them away from my face most of the movie though, so I didn't have a crushing headache by the end. YES, lesson learned. :)

The movie: absolutely just as awesome as I had expected it to be. I can't wait to read the book (which is waiting at my parents' house in the States for me). I have never been more proud of a president and his deeds (a complete exaggeration, but you get my point). Who knew that the conflict between the North and the South was really about vampires? It does make sense, if you think about it...if you pull in the stories Anne Rice has been telling for decades it really does all come together...it was only a matter of time before New Orleans was brought into the picture and all was told. Fantastic.

Abraham Lincoln...you've always been one of my favorite presidents, with your awesome stovepipe hat and all, but dang...you just climbed the ladder to basically the top. Not sure how anyone will beat you now.

This movie doesn't even get two thumbs up. It gets my silly peace sign of approval.


Totally worth my 12,50euros. Totally.

No comments:

Post a Comment