Monday, June 18, 2012

The news

As I am sure many of you read the news, you're probably aware that my company has announced there will be some serious changes soon. I won't talk about those here, nor will I discuss anything related to them, but just wanted to reassure you that for now, things are fine.

The department in which I work will be cut somewhat, as most departments will be, but we are one of the least affected. We will know more details in about a month.

I am reassured that my team is very unlikely to be cut, but in times like these, words are as wind. For now I am going to continue my wonderful life here in Helsinki and adventure on like there is a tomorrow, because there is and as far as I am concerned, there always will be.

As my life motto goes: things may not always turn out the way you expect them, but in the end, things always work out.

Thanks for your understanding and for the concern, everything is fine.

Regards,
tSH

1 comment:

  1. I was going to say something like "chin up." Then I thought, what the heck does "chin up " mean anyway? where did it start? so i googled it and here's what i got (from http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/216550.html):

    "The first use of it that I can find is from the Pennsylvania newspaper The Evening Democrat, October 1900, under the heading Epigrams Upon the Health-giving Qualities of Mirth:

    "Keep your chin up. Don't take your troubles to bed with you - hang them on a chair with your trousers or drop them in a glass of water with your teeth."

    So, my spreckled friend, chin up, and hang those troubles with your trousers!

    ReplyDelete